Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Supernova Friendship Block Swap

Hello! It took us awhile, but we got our bundle, divvied it on up and set about catching up with everyone in the Friendship Block swap. July 15 is the deadline for block 2, so we went ahead and made 2 blocks this month. I must say it was tough answering the "25 things you didn't know about me." I was very tempted to give bra sizes and other private info just to get finished. I haven't received my partner's yet and I can't wait!

Anyway, when I got my bundle and started planning the layout of the first block I realized the majority of the prints are freakin' directional. I saw it, but I guess didn't absorb it until I started sewing the block together. Riddle & Whimsy posted a shortcut tute to go along with Lee's tutorial and I set off. Long story short:  if you're using directional fabric, you can't use the shortcut.

A little of this
and a little of this
led to..

Supernova June blocks 
Supernova July blocks
All together now!
 Ms. E and I decided to make identical blocks every month, so we're always making 2 of the same blocks and sending one out and keeping the other.

I got Quiltography for my iPad the other day hoping to get an idea of how blocks would turn out ahead of time. You can upload specific fabrics and try them out which I thought was pretty cool. The only drawback is that the program makes the fabrics appear large so that a repeating theme or print may not be seen within a block, but one can definitely see the effect in general. For July, here is my Quiltography block:

and you can see the real block above.
FMT

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, I'm liking the black background. Should we change? LOL Don't answer that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are cool, but I'd like the cocktail please!

    ReplyDelete

  3. RR
    Wild ทั้งสามจะถูกรวมให้เป็นสัญลักษณ์ Wild แบบครอบครองทั้งรีล แล้วจึงจะเริ่มต้นฟีเจอร์การหมุนซ้ำเข้ามาทันที
    มารับของขวัญที่เจ้าลิงจอมซนทั้งสามจะมอบให้ไปพร้อมกันที่ SuperSlot 98 เว็บ Slot ที่ให้บริการเกม Slot ออนไลน์คุณภาพกว่า 30 ค่าย
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...