Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Quilt for Terry

I feel like I hadn't posted in forever and when I looked, I realized it's been a month! Time flies, good grief! I've been working on a couple of things including this quilt made for a wonderful woman I used to work with. The funny thing is that we've gotten to know each other more now that we don't work together anymore - the wonders of Facebook, I tell ya. Actually, to be more specific, the wonders of Cafeworld... man, I would get sooo much more done if I wasn't constantly tending to my doggone cafe! It's just so nice to cook gourmet meals at the touch of a button and I know it's not real, but I have earned $73 million buckazoids - which makes me awesome.


Anyhow, back to the quilt. Terry requested creams, greens and browns which I had exactly none of in my stash. I must only work on baby stuff because my piles & stacks o' fabric lack any neutral colors. That meant I had to make a much dreaded trip to the fabric store. Actually, the only part I dread is the visit to the cash register and even that isn't so bad when they put in all my coupons, score! So, the part I really dread is sneaking big fat bags into the house-which also isn't so bad when I look at it as a way to keep the hubs on his toes. If he doesn't see the stuff coming in, he must assume it's not new.  One of these days, he's going to start paying more attention to my debit charges. Until that day, sneaking it is!


This pattern is: Flower Boxes by Freckled Whimsy. I used an assortment of browns, creams and greens to match the checked multicolored fabric in the outer border. After the quilt was admired and taken home, I realized I hadn't taken any close ups (including the crab)  so I snapped one of some of the leftover scraps here: 


It ended up about 65" x 75". The back is mostly a cool sand colored flannel - perfect for snuggling with. The crab is appliqued and has double button eyes.

Front View
fabric selection

In the grass with the resident model/intruder
Back View & Kennabeans
Pieced back w/crabby

4 comments:

  1. I like your quilt, that color combination looks great together. And Kennabeans is the perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RR
    Superslot 98 เกม Muay Thai Champion เป็นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์รูปแบบใหม่ ของค่าย PG ที่มาในธีมของ “มวยไทย”
    เดิมทีมวยไทยเป็นทักษะการต่อสู้ที่โดดเด่น มีความแข็งแกร่งและความคล่องตัว ในระหว่างการต่อสู้ของมวยไทย จะใช้การผสมผสานของหมัด,
    ข้อศอก, หัวเข่า และหน้าแข้ง ดังนั้นคำว่า “Art of Eight Limbs” จึงใช้เพื่ออธิบายคำว่ามวยไทยได้เป็นอย่างดี ซึ่งนอกจากจะเป็นเทคนิคการต่อสู้ มวยไทยยังถูก
    สล็อต1234
    สล็อต1234

    ReplyDelete


  3. RR
    การเล่นเกมนี้ได้อย่างมหาศาลแน่นอน เพราะตัวเกมออกแบบมาเพื่อเอาใจนักเล่นเกมออนไลน์ที่ชอบเสี่ยงดวงหรือเสี่ยงโชคโดยเฉพาะ
    ซึ่งหากใครสนใจอยากมาลองเล่นเกมมวยไทยแชมป์เปี้ยนเกมนี้ สามารถสมัครสมาชิกเข้ามาที่ไลน์แอดได้โดยค้นหา @SPS98 (มี @ นำหน้า)
    ในแอปพลิเคชันไลน์ หรือเข้าเว็บไซต์ Superslot 98 เพื่อเล่นผ่านระบบ PC ได้เลย
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

  4. RR
    ลิงสามตัวมีชื่อว่า See No Evil, Hear No Evil และ Speak No Evil หรือที่เราจะรู้จักกันเป็นอย่างดีในชื่อของ
    ลิงปิดตา ลิงปิดหู และลิงปิดปาก ตามลำดับ พวกเขาทั้งสามชื่นชอบการแช่บ่อน้ำพุร้อนมาก เนื่องจากเป็นการปรับสภาพร่างกายของเขาให้เข้ากับช่วงฤดูหนาว
    แต่ทั้งสามก็แสนซุกซน เพราะมีบางตัวชอบอยู่ในบ่อน้ำร้อนไม่ออกไปไหนเลย บางตัวชอบซ่อนตัวอยู่ในไอน้ำร้อนเพื่อสอดแนม
    และบางตัวก็ชอบขโมยเสื้อผ้าของผู้มาแช่บ่อน้ำร้อนเพื่อมาปิดตา สิ่งนี้ทำให้ผู้เข้ามายังบ่อน้ำพุร้อนนั้นปวดหัวไปตาม ๆ กัน
    พวกเขาทั้งสามรู้สึกผิดจึงอยากจะขอโทษทุกคนด้วยการมอบของขวัญให้
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...