Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sea Glass

I'm feeling rather scrappy these days.. Looking through leftover fabrics makes for a HUGE mess in the room, but thankfully I can close the door and ban all visitors from the space so nooo ooone knows about it but me!


I happened upon a blog the other night: http://www.quiltdad.com/ and was inspired to try my hand at a wonky log cabin block. Quilt dad hosted a quilt along a couple of years ago and demonstrated three different versions. I figured that "wonky" comes from having a big ole glass of wine and just sewing random stuff together, but sadly, this is not the case. 


I found a very tiny scrap of a cool bubbly print in primary colors and set about searching/tearing up the sewing room looking for stuff to match it. I actually wasted a lot of time being too matchy matchy and eventually settled on a set of good sized strips that I had leftover from another project.
Strips o' blue
I had originally intended to make a couple of blocks into a mini quilt, but after I was finished making 6" squares, the 8 resulting blocks just evolved into a small baby quilt instead. I even had enough leftover to make a pieced border/frame! 


Boy, I had the wrong idea about random sort of made-up quilts. They actually take a lot longer to plan out and arrange than when following a pattern! At about the point when the front was complete, my 2 year old daughter intruded/came to visit me, and exclaimed, "I LOVE IT!" and  squatted right down and gave it a little kiss, but I didn't have the camera ready, darn.

quilt front



The white on the front is a soft tonal white flower and the white on the back is flannel - ahhh soft.  I absolutely love Ashley from Film in the Fridge's method of piecing quilt backs together, so I tried that on the back and I'm pretty pleased with the result. The colors remind me of sea glass, so that's it's name - simple.

oops the wind blew at just the moment my son was coming by on the mower

Sea Glass










1 comment:


  1. RR
    ลิงสามตัวมีชื่อว่า See No Evil, Hear No Evil และ Speak No Evil หรือที่เราจะรู้จักกันเป็นอย่างดีในชื่อของ
    ลิงปิดตา ลิงปิดหู และลิงปิดปาก ตามลำดับ พวกเขาทั้งสามชื่นชอบการแช่บ่อน้ำพุร้อนมาก เนื่องจากเป็นการปรับสภาพร่างกายของเขาให้เข้ากับช่วงฤดูหนาว
    แต่ทั้งสามก็แสนซุกซน เพราะมีบางตัวชอบอยู่ในบ่อน้ำร้อนไม่ออกไปไหนเลย บางตัวชอบซ่อนตัวอยู่ในไอน้ำร้อนเพื่อสอดแนม
    และบางตัวก็ชอบขโมยเสื้อผ้าของผู้มาแช่บ่อน้ำร้อนเพื่อมาปิดตา สิ่งนี้ทำให้ผู้เข้ามายังบ่อน้ำพุร้อนนั้นปวดหัวไปตาม ๆ กัน
    พวกเขาทั้งสามรู้สึกผิดจึงอยากจะขอโทษทุกคนด้วยการมอบของขวัญให้
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...